Friday, January 25, 2008

Do What You Love and...You Know the Rest

So I recently scored a rather dreamy gig being writer-in-residence at Mount Rainier National Park (one of the most beautiful places in the world). I don't know if I'm offically called "writer in residence" but that's what I'm calling myself cause it sounds cool.

It involves hanging out a lot at the park; helping update and expand their climbing blog; "patrolling" the area on skis so I can write about it; helping them develop their artistic programs, and partying with the climbing rangers. Here is a picture of the "office" from just the other day.

I'm not really getting paid, naturally, because that would be much too practical for me. As I've said before (or some variation on it), "Do what you love and you'll be forever f*cking broke."

4 comments:

teahouse said...

Gosh, what an awesome photo!! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Michelle said...

I suppose in the end, any writing credit (even free) is a good one, right?

I admire your ability to continually focus on developing your portfolio :)

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! What a cool little gig-lette.

mansuetude said...

ha ha... why am i laughing@!