Sunday, January 7, 2007

It's OK to Wear Fleece. SOMETIMES.

It is a gray, cold, day here in Seattle (so what else is new?) and I have broken all my own fashion rules by going out on the town wearing fleece.

If you have read my novel (and if you haven't, why haven't you?), you know I am against the wearing of fleece when on the town, and approve of it only for outdoor activities. For example, the photo on the right illustrates the the proper wearing of fleece.

But you know what? Fleece is soft. It is warm. It is fuzzy. And you just can't be a fashion icon every single f*cking minute of the day. So there. That is what I say to my own fashion fascist self.

Ha ha. I could not tell you what the latest fashions are to save my life. Right now I am wearing a seven-year old turtleneck from Salvation Army, jeans that may or may not be fashionable, I have no idea, but since cost a mere $80 rather than $200 (which is what I hear the truly stylish jeans are going for these days), I am thinking not, running shoes, and mismatched athletic socks.

But at least since I am back at Geeksoft these days, I no longer feel like a fashion reject the way I did at [Insert Name of Giant E-Tailer Here], where there were all sorts of cute girls in high heels, not to mention "cool" cliques, which I was not of course part of. So in some ways it's good for my ego to be back with the geeks again, in other ways, ugh.

But never mind about that. We're focusing on the *new,* the *happy,* the *positive,* like the fact that I've started a new blog. RIP BB The Blog.

Meanwhile, BB the novel is living a happy life on Kelly's bookshelf with a host of celebrated authors such as Jane Austen and Jennifer Weiner. She kindly emailed me a photo of it and I qwas going to post the photo for you but Blogger won't let me. *$#@! I'll try posting it later.

Oh! And if you want to send me a picture of you reading my book, I would love to see it and will post it here! Kind of like the super-talented Frank Portman did with his deliciously funny book about boys, adolescence, and bands, King Dork.

xo
Rebecca

9 comments:

wyn said...

Hi Rebecca. It's great to see you start this new blog and I look forward to continuing to read about your fabulous life in Seattle as published authoress, the coolest girl in Geeksoft, and mountain climber extraordinaire. Who ever needs boys to make a blog interesting?!

Denise said...

LOVE the photo - I wish I were on vacation right now, too.

Happy New Blog Day!

Anonymous said...

hey BB. this is my first time actually looking at your blog page. i am 15 years old & in the middle of reading your book right now, and i can truly say you are a big inspiration to me. it has been 9 months since my "great unpleasentness" occured with me ex, and it still haunts me every hour of every day. your book has inspired me to not be afraid to let people know how i feel. i recently started blogging over myspace without regards as to what was happening in his life. i thank you so much for your book and pushing me to write about how i feel.

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say congratulations on your first post of your new blog, will add it to my Favorites list!

Yoga Korunta said...

Oh, Rebecca, what a beautiful photo! How lucky you are to be surrounded by such wonder.

Jenn from WA said...

The new blog is, so far, great and sparkly. Pink is very in, supposedly, so you're good. And fortunately for us who like your writing style, all hip and cheeky, while BB has gone bb (that's bye bye) you are still you, and for that we'll keep reading.

teahouse said...

Hey, this is my first time here in ages!! And I must say, that is the ADORABLEST photo of you ever!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I just turned my head over to look at my bookshelf to see where Breakup Babe was located. Right on top of BURNED and CRANK. What do you suppose that means?

Love the new blog! Glad you are shedding the BB image and moving forward. Can't wait to know more about your next book.

PS... I got an agent! A real live agent who lives and works in NYC!

Unknown said...

As soon as I receive my copy, I'll happily send you a photo of me reading it;). Glad to see your new blog up and running.